This is the web Diary and I will blog whenever I feel good to blog. I don't know how blogs were classified .. this is just a Personal Diary or my own views upon things happening around me. Most of the Posts in this blog are written in Myanmar (Burma) Native Language, known as Burmese/Myanmarsar (Not Myanmese or Barmen). This blog is composed with Winkalaw Font. I recommend you to get the Winkalaw 3 (modified) from the link below.



Download WinKalaw Font Unofficial Version 3 for Better Reading

A to Z of the kiasu philosophy

Always must win

Borrow but never return

Cheap is good

Don't trust anyone

Everything also must grab!

Free! Free! Free!

Grab first talk later

Help yourself to everything

I first, I want, I everything

Jump queue

Keep coming back for more

Look for discount

Must not lose face

Never mind what they think

Outdo everyone you know

Pay only when necessary

Quit while you are ahead

Rushing and pushing wins the race

Sample are always welcome

Take but don't give

Unless it's free forget it

Vow to be number one

Winner takes it ALL! ALL! ALL!

X'tra = more

Yell if necessary to get what you want

Zebras are kiasu because they want to be both black and white at the same time.

 

Singapore's 5Cs

Car

Condo

Credit Card

Cash

Career

 

Singapore's most famous 5Ks

Kiasu (scared of losing)

Kiasee (scared of death)

Kiabor (scared of wife)

Kiaboh (scared of having nothing)

Kiachenghu (scared of government)

Published by Kalvin on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 1:43 PM.

2 Responses to “Kiasuism”

  1. # Blogger Unknown

    Can I know what language it is, Kiasuism? And also 5Ks.
    Kiasuism....I am wondering whether I am looking at the philosophy of "Rhett Butler"!!!
    I like the last one, Zebra.
    hmm..anonymous comment is not allowed now?  

  2. # Blogger Kalvin

    The original language is chinese. Kiasu was a Hokkien word. Check this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiasu . Now Anonymous commenting is not allowed but there's no more comment moderation now. You can see your comments after you post it.  

Post a Comment

About Me


Click View Kalvin's Blogger 

Profile
Name : Kalvin Alexander
Occupation : Analyst/Programmer
Location : In Between PC & Books
Hometown : Mandalay
Country : Myanmar
Blogging from : Singapore
Page Loads : free statistics

Search in this Blog



XML
Powered by Blogger templates
Powered by

Visit 

W3Schools

NativeMyanmar Forumer
warez-bb Member





Presented by Kalvin